Hello and Welcome!

My photo
Quelimane, Zambezia Province, Mozambique
A small look into what my personal experiences in Mozambique are like. Written as a stream of consciousness, these are my thoughts, my successes and my failures. Life is all about the moments that we live in. I hope that the moment you take out of your life to read this blog is a positive one. The views and opinions in this blog are my own and do not reflect those of the U.S. Government or U.S. Peace Corps.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Good morning! 

Countdown until Mozambique - 5 days!!!

These past few weeks have been a wild scramble of packing, organizing, unpacking/re-packing, dealing with financial aid, getting to doctors offices, filling out paperwork, studying Portuguese etc. . . Basically trying to get prepared for a life-altering experience. 

This past Saturday was my going-away party. The amount of people who came to celebrate my departure, and to wish me well was overwhelming. (I get it, you just want me to leave!) haha kidding. . .

Words will never be able to describe just how wonderful it is to have such support and love. I could not have imagined a more incredible send off.

But now it is down to the nitty-gritty. Packing. For two years. Limited to 100lbs. Two bags. yeahhh ok.

It is a stressful process, and at times I feel like I am running around in circles... but knowing that I am packing to go somewhere, to embark on this great adventure, keeps me going strong. Lists upon lists have been made, bags have been packed only to be unpacked and then re-packed. Woof.

In addition to all of this, I am trying to soak in as much "Pittsburgh" as possible. This city is absolutely amazing, although I complain about it from time to time. I have made so many friends (who have turned into family) here, made so many memories- both happy and sad, that I will be saddened to see it become small in my rear-view mirror.

To all of my family and friends, your support, love, and encouragement are beyond incredible. I would not be here without you.


“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment