Hello and Welcome!

My photo
Quelimane, Zambezia Province, Mozambique
A small look into what my personal experiences in Mozambique are like. Written as a stream of consciousness, these are my thoughts, my successes and my failures. Life is all about the moments that we live in. I hope that the moment you take out of your life to read this blog is a positive one. The views and opinions in this blog are my own and do not reflect those of the U.S. Government or U.S. Peace Corps.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

16

why, hello there.

The despedida (Despedida – going away party.) has come and gone. Many beers drank, and laughs shared. I watched a good friend get in a taxi and go to the airport. . . and have a friend staying with me this week before they too depart to the airport.

Photos have been taken down off the wall here, I’ve started putting things in a bag, and have marked things to sell to friends (like my stove, fridge etc). So, while it is all starting to get real, I also have nothing to do until August 3rd when I fly to Maputo. Packing, aside.

The thing that has been bothering me most about just sitting around here, biding my time until I COS, is everything I’m missing at home. Mom and Dad have officially bought a house in Texas, and move in sometime next week, from there my Dad stays in TX and Mom won’t be back to Pittsburgh until after I’m back in town. Brother is moving to Ohio for his big-kid job, and the grandparents are moving down to Florida. Talk about a mass exodus from Pittsburgh upon my arrival!

So, all of that is going on, while I sit here on my ass . . . wishing I could be there to hug my Dad, and spend time with my brother, mom and grandparents. Sigh.

Umm…. Not sure really what else to say.

Let me know if you want anything from Mozambique.
Birthday in 7 days.
Landing in DC on August 8th.
Pittsburgh on August 10/11th.


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment