Hello and Welcome!

My photo
Quelimane, Zambezia Province, Mozambique
A small look into what my personal experiences in Mozambique are like. Written as a stream of consciousness, these are my thoughts, my successes and my failures. Life is all about the moments that we live in. I hope that the moment you take out of your life to read this blog is a positive one. The views and opinions in this blog are my own and do not reflect those of the U.S. Government or U.S. Peace Corps.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

puppy love

Good Morning, Mozambique.
It's a chilly morning here, I can see my breath, so I’m writing this post from inside of my mosquito net, snuggled underneath a fluffy blanket.
So I finally left site for a bit for social recreation this weekend, working my way to Chibuto (a town in interior Gaza province) Friday evening for a girls night. There was music, dancing, and tequila. It was really great to be with friends after the semi-crappy week  I had. On Saturday we had a 90’s theme party, so side pony-tails, jean jackets, and hilarious music was played. Great times.
I had not been away from site on a personal trip since April, so it was really fantastic to spend time with friends I have not seen in a while. It seems that although many things have happened since we have all seen one another at Beer Olympics, we are all sort of on the same page with what service has been so far, and what it will be in the future. Sort of a “mid service life crisis”.
I am still trying to figure out what is going to be next after PC … another year here? Coming home? Travel?
Who knows. . .stay tuned.
Yesterday I was struggling with some stomach problems, so I left work at the hospital early and just hung out at home. Gave Lua a bath, and her and I had good snuggle time. She may be a huge pain in the ass sometime, and its defiantly stressful to find someone to feed her while I am gone, but I am so thankful to have her. She’s my buddy, always around to play and make me laugh and has helped keep me sane through the many things that have happened here. I would say that it is true puppy love. *awwww*
The tentative plan for the week is REDES meetings, going to the hospital, my two community organizations each have their meetings this week, and preparing for the big festival the weekend of the 24th. I may have to leave my mid-service conference a day early to be here to set up/get the prep work all taken care of. Hopefully other volunteers will come to the festival so we can show a good united front, and get some word out about our program/secondary projects.
Stress level is back on maximum here in Quissico… and honestly I just do not love this ‘party planning’ aspect of projects here. I can check that off the “things I want to be when I grow up” list. I just need to make it through this month. Yeesh.
-- had to take a break for a puppy snuggle --
whenever I find myself freaking out a bit I give the Lua-girl a good hug, and she usually returns it with a nice slobbery kiss, or a nibble. She’s sitting on my lap as I write this, and thanks to the bath, she smells lovely. I don't think she’s going to get any bigger than she is now, which is odd, because she is an awkward size. Not small, but not in the medium category either . . .figures. She is an awkward looking dog, so why not have her be an awkward size as well? Sigh…

Well now that this blog has been primarily written about my dog I think I will sign off.

No comments:

Post a Comment