Hello and Welcome!

My photo
Quelimane, Zambezia Province, Mozambique
A small look into what my personal experiences in Mozambique are like. Written as a stream of consciousness, these are my thoughts, my successes and my failures. Life is all about the moments that we live in. I hope that the moment you take out of your life to read this blog is a positive one. The views and opinions in this blog are my own and do not reflect those of the U.S. Government or U.S. Peace Corps.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

sharing is caring



just a quick post today to share some meaningful youtube video's created by some of my friends.


the first was created by my friend Mac who lived in the central part of mozambique. it talks about how higher education changes lives, nurtures opportunity, strengthens communities and improves people's livelihoods. this is a wonderful project and fundraiser for a Mozambican school that is working to improve access to education and raise the level of educational attainment in the country. he is an inspiring person and i am glad to have known him, and shared some adventures together here in mozambique. keep fighting the good fight Mac!


a disclaimer- as mozambique is a huge country, the terrain differs from site to site as does conditions for schools and hospitals.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-alrJnruUJY



the second was created by my lifetime friend Dave, about his involvement with the Run for MS project. MS Run the US, Inc. is a non-profit organization committed to raising disease awareness and funds to further research in the fight to end multiple sclerosis (MS). i know that i have mentioned him in posts prior to this- and will continue to do so. his involvement, passion and dedication to this project are incredible. i'm so lucky to have known this wonderful man all of my life.


http://youtu.be/DApPN4etweo




all is well here in mozambique, just at the hospital doing some work. keeping myself busy




xoxo

t

No comments:

Post a Comment