Hello and Welcome!

My photo
Quelimane, Zambezia Province, Mozambique
A small look into what my personal experiences in Mozambique are like. Written as a stream of consciousness, these are my thoughts, my successes and my failures. Life is all about the moments that we live in. I hope that the moment you take out of your life to read this blog is a positive one. The views and opinions in this blog are my own and do not reflect those of the U.S. Government or U.S. Peace Corps.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

so... whats next?

Life update;
I am back at site after the REDES Workshop that happened this past weekend in Homoine, Inhambane Province. It was a really great success- good venue, good food, and great informational sessions. I really think that the girls, and the PCV’s involved in it had a nice time. 

It was a hectic few weeks leading up to the preparation of it, but once it happened it was all worth it.

I don't know if you all remember the post I wrote about last year’s Workshop, and the debacle that it was- this year was a complete and total shift for the positive. I’m hoping to get some pictures of it to post on here, and will try to write a blog describing what happened in greater detail, I just wanted to keep you informed that it had happened, and that it was a success! 

So what’s going on here is that I was selected for PST (pre-service training) to be a visiting volunteer. My week is week 7, where I will be talking about the GAAC program and HIV – fitting considering my 3rd year job description. It is also site announcement week, so I will be able to know who I will be living with in the North, and can start the foundation for the PC/PCVL relationship there! I will be in Namaacha for this from July 13th to July 20th for this training. 

My original date to leave site was July 28, to be in Maputo to go through the medical processes and such before I move north to Quelimane and start my work with ICAP. However, it didn’t make much sense to me to leave site until the 20th, to come back and be here another 7 days before returning to Maputo. … So, I will be living in Maputo (possibly with a friend, or a hotel) for about 2-3 weeks working with ICAP, and Peace Corps until the 22ers swear-in. From there I will fly north to Nampula with the newly sworn-in volunteers to assist with their Supervisors Conference.
From there, I will bus down to Quelimane, where I will be living in temporary housing, until around the 9th of September when the current PCV posted there leaves.

I have just under 7 weeks until I leave Quissico. In that time I have to close out some projects here, make my rounds to say goodbye to all of my friends/family I have made here over the past two years, figure out what to pack to go north, give Lua away to another PCV, find a home for her puppies (she had 4 of them) and just try to stay mentally sane through all of this.

I am really really really looking forward to this third year extension, the work will be incredible, and I get to explore a whole other part of this beautiful country. However, it is really starting to sink in, that while I will still be living in Mozambique. . . I wont be here in Quissico, in my little reed hut that I’ve turned into a home, with my dog, my friends, and the life that I have grown to love (even though at times I am absolutely frustrated with it). 

The plan is to spend as much time here as possible before I leave, just trying to soak it all in.

That's all for now.
xo
https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment