Hello and Welcome!

My photo
Quelimane, Zambezia Province, Mozambique
A small look into what my personal experiences in Mozambique are like. Written as a stream of consciousness, these are my thoughts, my successes and my failures. Life is all about the moments that we live in. I hope that the moment you take out of your life to read this blog is a positive one. The views and opinions in this blog are my own and do not reflect those of the U.S. Government or U.S. Peace Corps.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Moz Revolution Day

Today is a national holiday, which means there is no work, no shops are open, and a majority of the population are already at the bar drinking (its 15:30). So I took the day to clean my small apartment, do a yoga workout, walk to the open air market where I bought all sorts of delicious fresh fruits and veggies, enjoyed the sunshine on my face as I walked through the bustling streets, and returned home to have a sun-ripened papaya with lemon juice on it - while sitting in my hammock. 

I listened to a few good podcasts while making some home improvements; capulana wall hangings, setting up my new table/desk/work area, and just did a general cleaning of my house. I feel somewhat accomplished, and content with my day.

It has been an enjoyable, slow day, mainly spent at home because of all of the political commotion going on around town right now. Nice to just recharge with some alone time.

I hope that you are in good health and spirits.

happy thursday

td
new wall hangings, and my work station

another view

my hammock and bedroom doors (that i finally got to open)

No comments:

Post a Comment