Hello and Welcome!

My photo
Quelimane, Zambezia Province, Mozambique
A small look into what my personal experiences in Mozambique are like. Written as a stream of consciousness, these are my thoughts, my successes and my failures. Life is all about the moments that we live in. I hope that the moment you take out of your life to read this blog is a positive one. The views and opinions in this blog are my own and do not reflect those of the U.S. Government or U.S. Peace Corps.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

a quick hello!


A great good morning to you all! For those of you who are blog-enthusiasts - I beg forgiveness for the lack of postings lately. my excuses range from; traveling with my dad, curing cancer, attending going-away parties for friends, work, fighting off a pack of wild elephants, and of course the big one- not having a computer.

But all of that is changing! Dads trip went incredibly well, it was very different for me to see, on a personal level, how much more comfortable I felt here in Moz, not only with the language but my surroundings as well. I had been more places, knew more things to do and see, and was just generally more comfortable in my own skin. All of these things, combined with my Dad's love of adventure and meeting new people really transformed what was planned to be a good trip, into an absolutely incredible adventure.

So, for the next few blogs, I will be dedicating time and effort into transforming our 3 week-long adventure around Sub-Saharan Africa into a witty, yet eloquent blog post that I feel will be most pleasing to the eye.

Just a quick shout-out to the family and friends I was able to skype with in South Africa, it was so great seeing your faces and hearing your voices. For those of you who missed out, never fear! Dad was gracious enough to bequeath upon me a small netbook computer for the time being. So let the skype-ing commence! Send me an email, or whatever about time/date if you are at all interested in seeing my face, and the living room of my house haha!

I will be trying to post pictures today as well onto my Facebook account. Lookout!

Life update; everything is good here, I have been out of the "work" mentality for a bit now because of Dad's trip, and my friends going-away party, but this week I will be going into work every day. Hopefully some projects can be revised, and will actually come to be in the future months.

On Saturday I am getting two site-visitors! Remember a year ago when I came here to Quissico to visit Angela? How time just slips by. Then the following weekend, I am heading down to Namaacha to be a 'Visiting Volunteer' with the new group of trainees. I am very excited to meet the two coming to visit me, and the remainder of the group the following week!

Then it’s my birthday, then in August we have our mid-service conference with Peace Corps, and at the end of August it’s our Amizada Festival here in Quissico. . . .Lots to do, and seemingly NO time to do it in.

Lua continues to grow at an alarming rate, she really loved my Dad, and has been wandering around my house in the mornings looking for him. She is full of energy like any puppy, and has a great personality- I lucked out with this one.

 

So with that said, I will begin crafting the posts about the most recent adventure with my Dad. Hold on to your seats! It’s a good one.

 

xoxo

 

tay

No comments:

Post a Comment