Hello and Welcome!

My photo
Quelimane, Zambezia Province, Mozambique
A small look into what my personal experiences in Mozambique are like. Written as a stream of consciousness, these are my thoughts, my successes and my failures. Life is all about the moments that we live in. I hope that the moment you take out of your life to read this blog is a positive one. The views and opinions in this blog are my own and do not reflect those of the U.S. Government or U.S. Peace Corps.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

interior decorating, moz style

quick update-

sadly, one of my good friends Julia has decided to ET (not phoning home) but going home - early termination. it is a sad day, and she will be missed for sure here - but if this experience doesn't make you happy a majority of the time, then it is not worth the stress and time away from family/friends/life in the states.

when i was home, i constantly missed moz, and now that i am back it feels great. i'm working on and sending in all applications to graduate schools - the final list is as follows; boston, pitt, maryland, hopkins, and emory. i feel its a good mixture of schools, with similar programs but different things to offer. but if things dont work out with schools, i am back to considering a 3rd year... yeah yeah yeah, i know ive said this before hahaha, i suppose it just never really left - and now that i see that home is exactly as i left it  (with some minor changes in friends lives) i realize just how happy i am here, even on my worst days.

some photos of my newly redecorated home - shout out to julia for the shelving unit and new couch. i got rid of my big blue plastic table, seeing as it was more of a storage space than anything
bedroom, with my nice new tall shelving unit. yay

view 1 of the living room, notice the new couch/love-seat, and matching curtains

view from my front door - i have a small wicker table to the right of the couch, perfect for holding my coffee mug in the morning


life continues to go on well here. had a semi-productive week, i cant believe its already thursday, one week back, and the time continues to fly. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment